I love Alfredo sauce! Back in the old days it used to be my sauce of choice whenever I got to eat at a good Italian restaurant. These days, our lifestyle has changed and finding a restaurant to accommodate it is not so easy. That is what inspires me to create nutrient dense healthy meals for myself and my family that mimic the foods I once loved! Dairy free Nut free Alfredo was created out of my love for Alfredo sauce and to meet our delicate bellies needs. I hope you will find this recipe will not only meet your family’s needs but you will also enjoy it as much as we do!
For a Paleo friendly version our favorite pastas are Cappello's Fettuccine or Organic Red Lentil Noodles. For a Western A. Price diet we really love Royal Quinoa Organic Spaghetti. For this recipe check out my homemade Low Histamine Chicken Broth!
- In a medium sauce pan sauté ghee and garlic in medium-high heat until slightly golden.
- Add 1 cup of low histamine chicken broth and let it simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add chopped cauliflower mix and cover the pan, letting it cook until soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add the remaining cup of low histamine chicken broth, cover pan and cook for another 10 minutes.
- With a regular blender or an immersion blender, puree all ingredients until you have a smooth consistency sauce.
- Add celtic salt, Italian seasoning and back pepper, combining well.
- Serve with your favorite pasta!