I was in the mood for a holiday recipe and something we could eat with jam and butter! Paleo biscuits is what came to me. I tried 3 different versions (2 were a flop) but this one came delicious. My kids loved every bite and I believe you will too! For an egg free version, check out the recipe tips below.
For an egg free version you may replace each egg for 1 Tbsp flexseed meal + 1 Tbsp of warm water and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. This recipe is all about the consistency of the dough as you knead. If the dough flattens as you try to form your biscuit, add a little bit more flour. If it's too dry, just add a little more liquid.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients and combine except for flaxseeds.
- In a small sauce pan add water, coconut milk and olive oil. Combine and let it simmer. Remove from heat and place mixture in a pourable glass cup.
- Let the mixture cool slightly and slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients, kneading it with your hands.
- Add eggs (or flexseed meal mixture), coconut nectar, flaxseeds and continue to knead until the mixture no longer stick to your hands.
- Divide dough in 6 parts and form your rolls.
- Place rolls in a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes.