This recipe of Easy Paleo Torte is very easy to prepare and it’s perfect for lunch, dinner or even a snack. The dough is so versatile you can use in other recipes. You can also get creative with the filling, using ground beef, turkey, chicken, or make it vegetarian! All you need is your creativity and a food processor. Packed with protein, Omega 3’s and DHA, this recipe is delicious, nutritious and very gentle for the delicate belly! I make sure to buy low mercury, sustainable – Pole & Troll Caught tuna to make this recipe even more nutritious and gentle on the environment as well.
What I love about this recipe is that you can reinvent it many different ways! Feel free to get creative with the filling. You can add shredded chicken and a veggie medley, for example. Enjoy! Check out my Brazilian Chicken Pie to make delicious homemade Grain-Free all purpose flour. I also make my grain-free baking powder from scratch. It's very easy and it will last you a little while (complements from the wholenewmom.com blog).
- Eggs - 3 eggs
- Coconut milk (full fat) - 13.5 oz can (Native Forest is the brand I use)
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
- Grain-Free all purpose flour - 2 cups
- Sea salt - 1 tsp
- Grain-Free baking powder - 1 tsp
- Grain-Free baking powder
- Baking soda - 1/4 cup
- Cream of Tartar - 1/2 cup
- Arrowroot starch - 1/4 cup
- Tuna Filling
- Wild Albacore Tuna - 2 cans
- Celery - 3 stalks chopped
- Peas - 1/2 cup frozen
- Onion - 1 medium chopped
- Tomato - 1 medium seeded and diced
- Garlic - 4 cloves minced
- Heart Of Palm - 3 stalks sliced
- Green Olives - 10 pitted and sliced
- Cilantro - 1 Tbsp chopped
- Fish Sauce (Red Boat Brand) - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano - 1/2 tsp dried
- Garlic salt - 1 tsp
- Celery salt - 1/2 tsp
- Butter or Ghee - 1 tsp (for greasing the pan)
- Vegetarian Heart of Palm Filling
- Heart Of Palm - 2 cups sliced
- Peas and carrots - 2 cups cubed
- Black Olives - 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion - 1/2 chopped
- Sea salt - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 Tbsp
- Arrowroot starch - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 hand full fresh and chopped
- Olive Oil - 3 Tbsp
Making Grain-Free baking powder:
- Combine all ingredients well and store in a air-tight container.
Making the filling:
- For Tuna filling - Mix all ingredients, combine well and reserve.
- For vegetarian filling -
- In a medium pan: onions in olive oil until translucent.
- Add heart of palm, carrots, peas, salt and oregano and combine well.
- Add olives and arrowroot starch slowly.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro.
Making the dough:
- Pre-heat oven at 375F.
- In a food processor add wet ingredients followed by Grain-free all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Process for 30 seconds or until ingredients are well-combine. The dough should be slightly runny.
- Grease a 9x13 stainless steel pan with ghee. You can also use coconut oil or fat of your preference.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of dough.
- Add a layer with all the filling and top with a final layer of the remaining dough.
- Bake for 45 minutes and check if it's ready by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean, it's ready to serve!